HOME FLAVOR OF THE DAY MENU SOUPS OF THE DAY SPECIALS
SUNDAES CHARITY PHOTOS FANS HISTORY FAQ JOBS
The Cone Kids Gilles Frozen Custard
Milwaukee's Oldest Custard Stand
                                               -- Since 1938!

7515 W. Bluemound Road, Milwaukee, WI 53213
Hours: Sun: 11:00a-10:30p
           Mon-Thu: 10:30a-10:30p
           Fri-Sat: 10:30a-11:00p
Phone: 414-453-4875


History

Gilles Frozen Custard remains
a Milwaukee favorite for over 75 years!


Gilles Frozen Custard That's right, we've been here for over 75 years and we're still going strong thanks to all of our wonderful customers. Here is a list of the significant events in our history.

1938: Paul Gilles creates a small custard stand at 7515 West Bluemound Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He names it Gilles Frozen Custard.

It will grow to become one of Milwaukee's most successful and favorite custard stands.

1950: The Gilles family opens a second Gilles Frozen Custard stand in Fond du Lac. It's still there today -- but has no relation to our stand.

1972: Paul Gilles sells the rights to use the Gilles Frozen Custard brand name on frozen custard products to be sold in stores and supermarkets.

That sale had the effect of splitting the Gilles Frozen Custard brand name into two totally separate and unaffiliated companies.

The first company owned the rights to sell frozen custard under the Gilles Frozen Custard brand name at the stand located at 7515 West Bluemound Road.

The second company owned the rights to sell a frozen custard product, under the same Gilles Frozen Custard brand name, in other stores and supermarkets.

That split would become a source of confusion for Gilles Frozen Custard customers for years to come.

1977: Paul Gilles sells the Gilles Frozen Custard stand at 7515 West Bluemound Road to Robert Linscott.

That sale did not include the rights to use the Gilles Frozen Custard brand name on custard products sold in stores and supermarkets. Those rights were still owned by a totally different company.

1992: Robert Linscott sells the Gilles Frozen Custard stand at 7515 West Bluemound Road to his sons, Tom and Pat Linscott.

The rights to use the Gilles Frozen Custard brand name on custard products sold in stores and supermarkets were still retained by a different company.

2001: In July, of 2001, Pat Linscott, co-owner of Gilles Frozen Custard, passed away. His brother, Tom Linscott, took over as sole-owner and operator of the business.

Today: Tom Linscott continues to own and operate the Gilles Frozen Custard stand at 7515 West Bluemound Road.

The brand name rights for supermarket and other store sales are still owned by a different company with absolutely no relationship or affiliation to the Gilles Frozen Custard stand owned by Tom Linscott.

It's understandable that customers are sometimes confused. Two different companies. Two different products. Same brand name.

The bottom line is, if you buy it anyplace other than the Gilles Frozen Custard stand at 7515 West Bluemound Road . . . you're not buying our custard.